Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's Me, the amazing Katie

Last night after I finished the dishes, I decided to send our pastor, Dave, a funny text. He is always so busy and gets so many "emergency" phone calls and texts that occasionally it's nice to just send one that will put a smile on his face. Inadvertently I put a smile on lots of faces after sharing my embarrassing goof involving a texting typo.
Originally I was planning to send this:
"suggestion for the church sign: My husband is the head of our home 95% of the time with God's help. The other 5% of the time he is the other end, all by himself!" I added, "Just kidding!" and then meant to ask if I would be relieved of my duties in leadership for sending the text, but accidentally wrote: "So, am I going to be licked off the youth alpha team?"
Smugly I went into the living room to show John what I sent to Dave, and he said, "Wow, that's funny. What's really funny, though, is that you asked him if he was going to lick you off the team."
In horror, I doubled checked the text - John was right.
Oh, no.
Helplessly I dissolved in laughter, which quickly led to a bout of "laugh/crying," my hysterical way of dealing with something SO funny when I am exhausted. The waves of embarrassment just kept on rolling, and when Dave responded, "uh, ha. How are you doing?" I confessed that I wanted to die from humiliation, and asked him to never talk to me again.
Figured I should just go ahead and lick myself off the team to avoid any further terrifying typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment